Vacancy Chief Financial Officer
We are currently recruiting a CFO for smartQare, a unique medical solutions company in transition from a start-up to a scale-up. smartQare (ISO 13485 certified) is based in Noordwijk and Eindhoven and we work with about 20 colleagues in various (partner-)teams.
smartQare is a young social enterprise or impact venture, established in 2017, which is on a mission to create relevant solutions to support the healthcare system with a holistic approach. The challenges of our healthcare system at a macro level are abundantly clear and we are all aware of the accelerating numbers and widening gap between “supply and demand”.
Our vision is not to develop a piece of the puzzle, rather to develop all key components to unlock new ways of ‘connected care’. We have developed both the hardware and the software and algorithms, apps, the data platform and dashboarding. This solution is called viQtor and is suitable for both cure (hospitals, clinics) and care (elderly care, home care). However, the starting point of viQtor is not our technology. Central to our approach are the user/patient (“Mrs Johnson”) and the health professionals who help her.
On our path to predictability of health needs
As (patient) data is the basis for decision making by professionals in the healthcare system, having patient data available at the right moment at the right place is key to providing the best suitable care. viQtor is medical-grade (CE-MDR) certified, capable of collecting, transporting and converting a range of (vital) data into information that can be used for analysis and decision making by professionals. The next step will be to add new functions to viQtor and to unlock the potential predictive value of the data related to future events or health needs, therefore we develop smart algorithms.
We first launched our solution in 2021. With our CE certification viQtor is now ready to be used by patients and healthcare providers in all EU countries. The Netherlands is our first target market, after which we will expand in the rest of Europe and the United States (FDA approval is work in process).
In the next 6 months several living labs and use cases will get started, where outcomes of care, facilitated by viQtor, will be validated by clinical research. These outcomes will be the basis for further sales and business development.
Proud to make impact !
We are proud of what we have achieved so far, but that is just the beginning. Together, we are going to make a huge impact. Together, we help Mrs Johnson Keep on Rocking. Exciting times ahead! This is your chance to be part of our journey. Join our experienced leadership team supported by active investors and advisors.
More background information can be found in the attached pitch deck which is being used for our next investing round.
In this role you will (not an exhaustive list):
- Be responsible for global financial reporting.
- Oversee multi-year financial planning and budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and monthly local and consolidated reporting to all stakeholders.
- Improve the ERP system (Exact) to support the organization.
- Identify potential (financial) risks and propose solutions to mitigate those.
- Serve as a tactical and strategic sparring partner for the CEO.
- Participate in structuring and monitoring strategic partnerships with suppliers and partners.
- Provide oversight of legal matters such as commercial contracts, corporate law, corporate governance, risk assessment, HR, partnerships.
- Be responsible for the financing of the company, including (a.o.) the preparation of detailed proposals to attract subsidies, debt and equity (planned series A in 2023).
- Liaise and negotiate with financiers and secure a strict control on the debt requirements.
- Have an active role in defining the M&A strategy of the company.
- Coordinate business cases for commercial use cases from both a business and financial perspective.
Profile & Competence:
- You are a team player who loves to apply your experience in an impact-driven work environment.
- You have > 8 years of working experience with a background in controlling and Dutch accounting and you have proven to be able to autonomously steer a finance department. Experience in similar companies will be a clear advantage.
- You are a strategic thinker but also love to be hands-on.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have experience in working with corporate finance, venture capital and private equity.
- You are detail oriented.
- The CFO, together with the CEO, conducts the statutory management.
- smartQare has +/- 20 employees and collaborates with different partners for development of hardware and software.
smartQare’s investors and financers are:
- Demcon (https://demcon.com/nl/press/demcon-investeert-in-smartqare/)
- S3 Connected Health (Digital Health | Digital Health Solutions | S3 Connected Health)
- Private investors (Angels)
- InnovationQuarter (https://www.innovationquarter.nl/)
Arjan Slobbe RA RV
+31 (0) 6 46 328 322